Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Hum along

I love the sun!

Don't get me wrong--I appreciate the snow. It's fun, clean, beautiful, crisp. And I even like rain sometimes, even though it's wet. I couldn't raise colorful flowers and a thick lawn without the water they eventually provide.

But.

It's March. If winter wanted to be here, it should have arrived when it was scheduled and then politely left. Storm after storm, delayed starts for kindergarten, icy bridges, cancelled soccer practices. Winter, give it up! You have till Monday when Spring officially begins and then I expect you to gracefully adios. I'll be thrilled to see you again next year. Have fun in the southern hemisphere. Say hi to them for me when you get there.

Today, I'm thinking that "Here Comes the Sun" may be my favorite Beatles song ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment