Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry to you all



The rascally puppy turned out to be an expert gift unwrapper once we encouraged her. She politely refrained from opening anything other than her own gifts. She loves all her squeaky toys, her new frisbee, her new balls, and a chewy bone. She had to open them all, which kept her out of our way as we opened our own presents! I dog-proofed the lowest part of the tree. There's nothing that can be broken when she cruises through the living room forest making branches sway and ornaments clang together. I tried to put up ornaments that would not be appealing to chew. I could have saved myself the trouble. The tree didn't get decorated until Christmas eve so she wasn't around them long enough to investigate and see if anything would have that appealing crunch. Now she has all her new toys to play with, so the tree seems to be safe even when we leave her downstairs while we go up to check email, blog or read.

It's not over yet. I may not be singing a Christmas carol or wearing red/green/Santa themed clothing, but my heart is still merry and light.

It's the third day of Christmas and the turtle doves are cooing. My backyard has had frequent visits from the mourning doves due to the fact that I dumped thistle from the goldfinch bag all over the back step(I took the bag out upside down). Doves are doves and it doesn't matter if there are three or five. Even better, the finches have discovered the bag and we had six of the little rascals hanging from it this afternoon.

All is calm here on the homefront.

No comments:

Post a Comment