Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Thursday, January 04, 2007

FYI

Rain is wet. Rain splashes. Rain creates mud. Snow is dry, light, fluffy. Snow is pretty. (Yeah, I know... same ol', same ol', you've heard it all before...I'm just saying.)

In either instance, the house is warm and dry and very homelike with the recuperating puppy lounging in her basket. I don't know how long she'd been holding things in but she was very relieved to see grass when we brought her home again this morning.

Yesterday, I actually worked on crafts all day, cooked dinner, worried about the pup and still had enough energy left to give my sweetie some kisses and a backrub. Vacation is wonderful! No stress, no alarm clocks, no schedule. I loved it when I had kids at home and I love it now. I've been rolling out of bed around ten a.m. (!) and enjoying every second of getting up late.

I don't get the newspaper, instead I spend my mornings reading through my daily blog list. Just a few of them:

  • Breed'em and Weep--I think I've been reading about Jenn's lovely family the longest and did my best to help vote her into Best Parenting Blog stardom. Her writing is inspired!
  • The Mater--the writing talent is apparently hereditary, and she plays accordian too.
  • Bunny Burrow--thank God for SOMEONE who reads my blog and comments.
  • {crazyjen}--this girl lives for her camera, and she has the cutest nephew on the planet.
  • Rocks in My Dryer--discovered recently as another Best Parenting Blog finalist.

I think five are enough for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment