Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Monday, January 08, 2007

Vacation and Recess

Okay, vacation's over. I survived two weeks of unscheduled bliss.

Now, I get to see how big my kindergartners can get in 16 days--it's a surprise every year to see their growth in that short time. I'm eager to see them all, but I'm gonna miss those late sleepy mornings. And entire days with the puppy. And lunch anytime I get hungry. And blogging late at night.

But I'll get recess twice a day and lots of hugs and some adult conversation. And maybe I'll still find some blog-time.

Unfortunately, all the have-to-do's crept up on me about 4:30 a.m. and at 6 I gave up and got up. So, I've made lists so that all the things that were bugging me all night can go away and maybe, just maybe, I'll get some sleep tonight. I'd better or else the little ones will think they have a red-eyed sleepy witch instead of a blue-eyed enthusiastic teacher! Thank heavens for Diet Mountain Dew (should go well with oatmeal for breakfast).

1 comment: