Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Blogoversary

I can't believe that it's been a whole year since I began Pogonip eNVy. I've managed to squeeze in 64 posts--some weeks were leisurely, some weren't. Sometimes I had something to say, sometimes I didn't and said it anyway.

I discovered Blogger out of frustration. I like composing in HTML, but troubleshooting the unexpected results in Large ISP-Land was more effort than I wanted to expend. I've loved the convenience of Blogger every since.

My favorite blogs are the Kharma yarns. When you have the world's cutest puppy, it's hard not to enthuse. She's not getting any less delightful so she'll probably continue to be the star of the show (said the loving mommy). The agility jumps and beginning weave poles are in the yard, so the successes and challenges of dog training will start popping up. The K dog is looking pretty sweet with all the brushing she's been getting in the ongoing effort to free us of dog hair. The dog photo show will continue.

And then there was the dollhouse decorating extravaganza. I look back and am amazed at how well it turned out. I can look at my scrapbooking pile and see how many false starts it took until the right combinations of paper evolved. I love the little country farmhouse and I'm looking forward to watching the Princess play with her dollhouse this summer. It was one project that GOT DONE.

My garden and the weather received a fair amount of attention too. With our record breaking temperatures and all the vacation time I've been able to spare to clean up, the backyard chronicles will make an appearance again. It's so nice not to have leaves everywhere and the lawn actually turned green in one day. Really.

Pretty ordinary stuff. No apologies though--that's my life. Like it says up there at the top: "It's the little things that make life enjoyable".

I probably would have blogged more had it not been for my favorites' list of blogs that I regularly read. They are a thoughtful, funny, touching group of moms (and gentledad)--all of whom are far more talented than I could hope to be. Chana, Amber, Jenn, Jen, Ree, Wood and Dutch are such a part of my life. I log on and catch up and find that bedtime slipped by as I visited with my friends from around the country. There are only so many hours in a day and I'm afraid I've neglected my blog for theirs sometimes. I'm inspired by their ability to parent and work and still blog so regularly.

My mantra during year two--"If they can do it, so can I."

No comments:

Post a Comment