Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Colors of the Day

I have to clean my (formerly) lovely red Forester today--inside and out. The circle window above my computer is driving me insane with its dusty winter coating of grime, so I'll crawl out on the roof and have it glistening. And although I love soccer, today's first practice of the season has to be planned, and that's jsut the start of my biggest time-stealer.

For myself, I'm going to start on the color scrapbook page today. Colors are so evocative and incredibly personal that a page about my personal favorites will tell something about me. It seemed a little selfish to scrapbook about myself at first. Then I realized that we have almost no photos of the family photographer--I could just disappear if I didn't do something about it. My kids and future grandkids might appreciate knowing my story someday. Or they might not and I might just do it for myself...

My latest issue of Memory Makers got me inspired and there is a notepad next to my side of the bed with colorful ideas jotted down late at night. And I may not be able to currently access many of my craft supplies, but my scrapbooking goodies are easily accessible in the desk.

I'll be a good girl and complete my list of chores first. Then some time for me. Dare I hope for a dollhouse day and something creative to share? Keep your fingers crossed. I'll stay focused!

No comments:

Post a Comment