Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Monday, March 12, 2007

Sunrise


Somebody woke up at 5 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep. Somebody got to see the sunrise though.
Then somebody sorted through old patterns--patterns from when we were dating, patterns for nieces, patterns for men (not a large category), maternity patterns, Halloween costume patterns, and a few miscellaneous craft patterns. The pattern box was pretty empty when I finished.
Then I went through large boxes of quilting fabrics. I realized that if I just cut up the fabric for their intended uses, I'd cut down on boxes. So, time to cut up all the blue jean fabric from family jeans collected over the past 15 years and get ready to sew them into a crazy quilt. Or two. And time to fuse the backing onto the tee shirts and begin on making each boy a tee shirt quilt. That gets rid of three boxes right there. Even if I don't start sewing right away.
I also glanced through some cherished old quilt magazines and came up with some ideas for my (rather limited) stash of flannels. Perhaps a Christmas quilt since they are all reds and greens? Then there are some nice graphic quilt blocks that would use up some of my "clothes too old to wear but too beloved to throw away so keep them for quilt projects" stash. And lastly, I was inspired by a yoyo quilt to begin using all those bitty remnants that are just not my color or style or just defy any category but that I can't throw away. I'm making a circle template for cutting and one for the 1/4 inch sewing line. My TV time is about to get very productive!
Then I went back to bed and pulled the covers over my head and slept for another three hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment