Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Tip Number One

Got clutter? Welcome to a summer of tips on how to get rid of things. I have a lot of things. I have a lot of clutter. I have a problem with throwing things away. But, I have found some ways to outwit my piles and I'm happy to share them as I go through the summer rediscovering how to bring some order into our home and peace into our life.

Now presenting Numero Uno (flourish of trumpets, please):

Do you collect articles that might be useful someday? Perhaps one on past presidents that we now admire, but who probably couldn't be elected today? From 1998? That you've stored all this time? (Yeah, me too.)

So today I fired up our scanner, scanned the entire article, stored it tidily on my hard drive and threw away the original article. Ditto for the one about the UC Davis quad during the '70s. Ditto for the one about the V&T railroad. Ditto, ditto, ditto.

The wastepaper basket is full, but I have an entire pile that's GONE!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on the beginning of the summer of unclutter!

    ReplyDelete