Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Viva Espana!

Yippee, yippee, yippee! Can you tell I'm glad Spain beat Germany in the Euro 2008 final? I respect German talent, but Spain is just more fun to watch. If I can tell you the names of the defense and midfield, the team must be good.

Tournament thoughts: the Netherlands were the most entertaining team and Ruud is a cutie (I'd say he was totally hot but my son might not approve of his mom's thoughts in that direction). I've been conditioned to cheer for teams wearing orange ever since E's team (Zephyr Orange) won state. Turkey was the Cinderella team with come-from-behind wins time and again. I rooted for them knowing that Cencis and his staff were probably just insane with pride at their performance. France, I'm sorry, was lackluster. The goal in the thirty-fourth minute was sweet. Three against one and determination and talent won out. I love it!

I love knowing that friends around the world are watching with me--Turks and Spaniards and French relatives, Croatians and Mongolians.

My sweetie even said he was hoping to wake up at 3 a.m. to watch in far-off Mongolia. He's been sick on the other side of the world recently, so if he slept in he's forgiven. He can watch a replay when he gets home twenty-eight hours from now.

1 comment:

  1. A soccer fan - wow! I have always been a fan of playing but never much of a fan of watching.

    ReplyDelete