Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Blondes and Beautiful Bloggers

My funny bone is easily tickled.
Two blondes living in Oklahoma were sitting on a bench talking,
and one blonde says to the other, "Which do you think is farther away...Florida or the moon?" 
The other blonde turns and says, "Hellooooo, can you see Florida???"
 I love blonde jokes.

As a highway patrolman pulled alongside a speeding car on the freeway, he was astounded to see that the blonde behind the wheel was knitting! 
 
Realizing that she was oblivious to his flashing lights and siren, the trooper cranked down his window, grabbed his bullhorn and yelled, "PULL OVER!"
"NO! the blonde yelled back, "IT'S A SCARF!"
 I'm just glad I was eating a burrito rather than drinking something near my keyboard when I heard this last joke.  Consider yourself warned!

A blonde pushes her BMW into a gas station and tells the mechanic that it just died abruptly.
After he works on it a few minutes, it is idly smoothly once again.
"What's the story?" she asks him.
He replies, "Just crap in the carburetor."
She asks, "How often do I have to do that?"


Okay, enough silliness. I was awarded
by Nita who said I inspired her. Have you seen her amazing fabulous fireplace? She's the inspiration. And she put me in the same company with Whisperwood Cottage and Funky Junk Donna among others.  Be still my heart!
Thank you so much.  First of all I'd like to thank my mother who never did my homework for me and my husband for his faith and support...
So...I have to post seven things you don't know about me.
  1. Until a minute ago, you didn't know I liked blonde jokes.
  2. Dark purple flowers are not allowed in my garden.  They look like a black hole in my pastel color scheme.
  3. I wear neither purple nor pink, no how, no way. I don't have anything against them, they're just not my colors.
  4. I've successfully repaired my washing machine twice.  The second time I stripped it down to a pile of metal on the garage floor. Very cool.
  5. I took dance class in kindergarten and desperately wanted to dance in the recital, but the Queen Mother wouldn't buy me a leotard.  My life has been spiraling downhill ever since.
  6. My natural hair color.  Actually I don't know what it is either anymore thanks to my long-term relationship with Nice 'n Easy.
  7. I remodelled my entire kitchen around a ten dollar set of canisters that I simply adore.
  8. Oh wait!  I only had to reveal seven things.
As I've said, I'm inspired regularly by my wonderful readers out there in BlogLand.  And by my daffodils who persist in blooming through snow, rain and freezing nights.  Thank you all!

Who inspires you?  Another blogger?  A co-worker?  A family member? Do tell!

      2 comments:

      1. Can I laugh at blonde jokes even though I'm a brunette? :) Just scrolled through your last few posts and noticed you're looking for spring. It actually showed up in Southern California and I put a few pictures on my blog. Thanks for visiting and leaving me some love.

        ReplyDelete
      2. Hey, I was a blond all my life...till 5 years ago when I stopped with the coloring.Now, I'm dishwater gray,silver,brown,blond. But it's really cool because when I stopped with the dye jobs, my hair began to grow like a weed and now it's down to my waist.You would appreciate my humor here:
        http://jerilanders.com/prod03.htm 2nd row down.
        I'm inspired by great art beautiful gardens and 'before and after' pictures

        ReplyDelete