Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Monday, March 22, 2010

Motrin Monday

Boot camp couldn't be any harder than my Spring Cleaning splurge! Any box that came out of the attic meant I got to climb up the ladder to grab it and down the ladder to stack in the hall. Then each and every box had to be carried downstairs, and I had to come back upstairs for the next box. Then the boxes had to be put in the basement. I should have worn my pedometer and then weighed the boxes to find out how much of a workout I got!

Here's my little maple forest, wiped clean and waiting for their new storage facility to be available.  They'll need some TLC before they get passed down through the family (I think they've currently survived over fifty kids).

I found some forgotten treasures while I was reorganizing--like this rainbow lampshade belonging to my kids.
Everything's all clean and tidy and stored away.

Back to the mailbox...getting better, little by little. Now that I think of it, covering up the ugliness of the primer was big, not little. (I'm sure you agree.)
 
I'm finding multiple coats of red are necessary to cover the white lid.  Why did I think I was going to have any more success with a sponge brush this time?  I'm just not a sponge brush gal, I guess.  I don't have the touch--my red was all streaky and I briefly panicked thinking that the red acrylic wasn't going to cover white spray paint.  It was all the sponge brush.  I'm almost ready to paint the final coats of red (oh, it looks good!) and have started designing the cherries.

3 comments:

  1. That's alot of work. I just heard they have Motrin PM....yippee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always humming3/22/2010 6:06 PM

    I have always loved your maple chairs. I keep on the lookout for something similar to go with the maple secretary desk but so far I have never found any. Not that I get much chance to look.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know just how you feel...I make that trip up and down the stairs every holiday but it's worth it. I have a black mailbox just like yours and haven't figured out what to do with it, so I'll be waiting to see what you do with yours!

    ReplyDelete