Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rabbits and Bunnies and Hares, Oh My!

If you visit Meadowsweet Cottage this time of year, you'll see that I have bunnies!  I have...

Wooden bunnies
Big bunnies and little bunnies
I have happy bunnies
And bunnies that are basket cases
Lop-eared bunnies
And friendly bunnies
Blue china bunnies
Some teensy-weensy bunnies that lift weights or play soccer
Even gardener bunnies and walkabout bunnies
Yes, there are bunnies everywhere you look
But my favorite bunnies are Peter Rabbit (of course)...
And this mischievous bunny who started it all. 
He's very old now. My grandma made him for me. She made one for all my cousins too (and I have more than thirty cousins).  Can you imagine how much time and effort and love that took?!

Those of us who still have our bunnies treasure them for the works of heart that they are.  What sentimental critters are you displaying this Easter season??

Cheers, from a very hoppy


Linking up with Cindy's Show and Tell at My Romantic Home

9 comments:

  1. Don't you just treasure things your grandma made for you.I know I do and I have very fond memories of mine.
    I would say you have a few bunnies around LOL! The wooden ones are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think somebody is a bunnyholic. Now go bake a carrot cake for all those little hoppers! Jeri

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun bunny collection you have !! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

    It was fun to see your pictures of UOP, my sister lives just a couple of blocks from there !

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've enjoyed your bunny collection but especially like the blue china bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely delightful! I love your clear bunnies on their baskets! I hopped over from My Romantic Home and am so happy that I did. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day soon when you get a chance. until later...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an adorable post. Love the "basket case" bunnies. I've lots of bunnies here at HFTS so it was fun to see yours. Thanks for sharing. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blue china bunnies and the cookie jar ones too. Hope you have a fabulous Easter! Please stop by and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a very impressive bunny collection! I love the dark blue glass one, very cute:)

    ReplyDelete