Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bonjour, L'Automne

Because it sounds so much nicer en Francais. Heck, anything sounds better in French, doesn't it?!


And it's officially turning from summer into fall right NOW as I type.  I'm thinking of pumpkins, fresh crisp apples from the orchard, hay bales, scarecrows, purple mini lights, pom-pom bats.  And being happy to use the oven and heat up the kitchen.

I'm trying not to think of shorter days, storms, and waking up to darkness instead of sunshine. Instead I'll think about the cottonwoods hereabouts.
 
And walking through crunchy fallen leaves.  And hiking while a gale blows the leaves tumbling around me while my hair dances around my face.  And I'll look forward to watching Kharma happily give some exercise to the lazy Canada geese that refuse to migrate south.

Oh, there's lots to enjoy this season!

3 comments:

  1. Pogonip... you have been busy! The new design looks great and very much like autumn. And yes, French is good:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All due to you, Heather! Clover Lane's tutorial on headers was just exactly what I needed and I'm officially addicted to Picasa collages and headers!!! Merci beaucoup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love autumn! It is my favorite season, but probably because my birthday is in October.

    ReplyDelete