Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Sunday, September 05, 2010

My Guideposts -- Week33


A truce to your volumes, your studies, give o'er: for books cannot teach you love's marvelous lore.
~Hafiz (14th century Persian poet)

A reminder to my teacher personna, right before I step back into our classroom,  that the most important things in life are not found between the covers of a textbook and cannot be taught by rote.



Joining Tracey for her weekly inspiring quotes get-together.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck and success in your classroom this year. I'm sure the kids learn a lot from you! :) Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We teachers have to stick together! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kind words have meant a lot to me. I think having heart is the most important part of teaching. You've got it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pogonip~ Here's hoping you have a wonderful day tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete