Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

The Apron Lady Returneth

I woke up and saw my new summer apron-in-progress from across the room and my heart sang.
Seriously, roses on a turquoise background--is that me or what!  My instant morningtime reaction told me also that the pink contrast fabric I chose is a winner (I thought it was, but it's nice to have confirmation).  And, oh my, do you love the handmade lace detail on the pocket?   I had just twelve inches of it--not a fraction of an inch was wasted.

This romantic fabric spoke to me the instant I saw it in the quilt shop. It whispered, "Summer apron, summer apron, summer apron, summer apron." I couldn't resist. I'm weak that way when it comes to aprons.
I have three aprons, but they're lined so I admired them from afar during the summer.  Obviously I should possess a light apron to cook in while it's hot hot hot, right? 

Equally obvious that I should have spent the run up to Halloween sewing a summer apron which won't be worn for another ten months rather than cutting out and painting my little Frankenstein door hanger. My enthusiasm derailed my to-do list yet again!

At least I voted on time, although tonight I plan to avoid all network coverage of the election results.  Instead I intend watching a BBC Victorian mini-series called "Cranford" while I finish sewing my pink bias trim all around the apron edges.

Stylishly,

5 comments:

  1. Love that summer apron! The colors are beautiful. I get so messy here around the farm I really need to get back in the habit of wearing my aprons. They look so pretty hanging up I hate to use them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what lovely material. It is too pretty to wear. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful apron. You are so talented. Thank you for sharing it with us. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this fabric! Serious case of apron envy:P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't want anything to get on that beautiful creation! And you're right, so you. :)

    ReplyDelete