Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

May Is...Gardener's Delight

May is candytuft season at Meadowsweet Cottage.Along with tulips and primroses.  There's enough happening that I'm joining in the Garden Party over at An Oregon Cottage, hurray!

Of course I enjoy the flowering almond blossoms.
Their delicate petite beauty is best savored close up.

The redbud blossoms will debut this year. Love!
I've been dreaming of this moment since I planted a somewhat homely, twiggy bareroot plant in the spring of 2009. I'm not sure if patience or imagination is a gardener's best asset.

Guess who picked the season's first lettuce today?This mesclun-mix lettuce became a festive homegrown spring salad with the addition of fresh-this-morning eggs (cooked and diced) courtesy of The Bombshells and some viola petals sprinkled on top for their intense color.

And what better ending than a May Day basket of flowers from my garden?
Spring took her sweet time arriving, but she's been worth the wait.

Giddily,

6 comments:

  1. The lettuce mix looks wonderful...I'm anxiously awaiting mine to come up.
    Happy May Day...little late sorry. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bouquet is just wonderful... I am a tulip lover and can not grow them down here in hot Fl... but I do buy small bunches once in a while, just to look at them.
    Happy Gardening!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, fabulous colours. Makes me long for spring and it's a whole six months away! I'll enjoy yours in the meantime.
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty blooms today. I love the deep purple or blue primrose tucked into the tulips. What a cheery a colorful bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stopping by from an Oregon Cottage, great shots of your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely Cottage style bouqet!

    ReplyDelete