Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Monday, July 04, 2011

Red, White and Blue--Hooray!

I can't help humming patriotic tunes while I garden and feed the Bombshells.

I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy...
A real live nephew of my Uncle Sam,
born on the Fourth of July. 
Sweet land of liberty... 
Of thee I sing.
Purple mountains majesty...
Amber waves of grain.

It's a grand old flag...
The emblem of, the land I love, home of the free and the brave...
Every heart beats true for the red, white and blue...
Forever in peace may it wave.

It's more than a holiday for us Americans.

Wishing the whole world life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness-- 


2 comments:

  1. Oh how cute!! I bet you made those Uncle Sam's too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not tell a lie--I did make them, Lona. I sat in my car with binoculars to sketch the "pole" Sam sitting on a hillside balcony just so I could make my own cutie.

    ReplyDelete