Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Laundry Room

Now that I have the camera, camera cord and a working computer all at the same time...I remember that taking photos of small rooms with no windows is an exercise in color-balance frustration. Just the same, it gives you an idea of how much the mood of this room has changed.
Before
In its neutral and boring color scheme.

After
It's a cheery place for dirty clothes to hang out.

The cabinet doors are staying off until I've either added trim to jazz them up or replaced them with glass doors. Meanwhile I'm looking for creative ways to disguise the utilitarian nature of the contents.

Or I would be if I had the attention span of an ant--this whole project is soooo last week. I currently have an enthusiastically half-unpainted wardrobe greeting one and all as they enter our cottage.  Serious decorating chops!



2 comments:

  1. Oooo, I love the print of the fabric. So cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks a lot more brighter and your new valance looks so pretty. Always creating aren't you. I know you will figure out something sweet for the doors. With your painting skills the sky is the limit.

    ReplyDelete