Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Guidepost Number 110




You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. 

~ C.S. Lewis

I've happily tied shoes, modified pencil grips, encouraged phonetic spelling, zipped jackets, dried tears, taught playground games and generally enjoyed myself for fifteen years in kindergarten.  That all came crashing to a halt last week when I learned that our district is eliminating all kindergarten aide positions.
 
Hence the quote to get me thinking about what my next adventure is going to be.  It'll be hard to find something I love as much as I love my kindergarteners, their parents, and the teachers I work with.  But I'm confident that something wonderful is just around the corner!

Stay shiny,
 

6 comments:

  1. What about pre k or pre school. I hope you find something even better. I went from a pre school teacher to a Nanny and loved it. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pre-school is definitely an option--although I do love long summer vacations!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this, is there anything better than a bunch of 5/6 year olds?? Well, just grandbabies right? Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silver lining would be the ability to travel and see the grand-daughters whenever we wanted--free of the school bell!

      Delete
  3. I've been praying that you will be lead to a job where they need you. You have helped me so much with your kindness, wisdom and just the right amount of sass (it takes one to know one *wink*). They will be lucky to get you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'll land somewhere good. Don't know exactly where yet. It's actually kinda exciting to think of new possibilities!

      Delete