That's the good news. The bad news is that everything else takes a backseat--blogs, dogs, husbands, dinners, housework.
So, I decided to take a breather and catch up a little on the rest of life. In no particular order:
- I saw Twilight on Friday and loved it. It had enough intensity between Bella and Edward that I've been flash-backing all weekend on all those wonderful moments when I fell in love. The movie theater was reeking of estrogen and it made for a great girls-night-out.
- I recently read The Secret Life of Bees which is one of the best books ever.
- My lawns are both leafless and mowed as close as I could scalp them.
- THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS ARE UP!!! Because November is acting like September; the novelty of hanging lights without a ski cap, gloves and a heavy coat to ward off icy blasts is nice. I'm disciplined enough that I won't turn them on until December 1 though.
- I can't find either green or yellow C-9 bulbs, just clear. WTF?!
- Kharma is going great in pre-agility, although she'd do better if I'd spend time with her. I hope to video some of our class.
- I finished reading The Audacity of Hope (twice). I'm currently reading Dreams from My Father.
- Netflix delivered the first three episodes of The Tudors, in time for a enjoyable three-hour marathon on Saturday evening.
- The planning for Thanksgiving Dinner has begun. Pooh gets the good stuffing this year, courtesy of the Queen Mother, and I can't talk the family's newest cook into making us some off allrecipes.com. Is it illegal to have turkey without dressing?
- I've been tagged for a meme of crazy eights, but it'll have to wait until I have more than a second to spare.
- Mama Mia! is the first thing on my Christmas list, followed by a new blade for my rotary cutter.
- School ends too late and sunset comes too early, so I've been doing my best to get up early and take the doggitys for a morning romp in the pasture. I don't know if it would be easier to get up if I hit the sheets earlier.
- There are not enough hours in the day to get everything done. Or is that just me?