Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Friday, September 18, 2009

Kitchen Color

Aprons from the workshop!

"Morning Call" apron aka the "Worst Apron Pattern Directions Ever".The best part is the huge bow I can tie in the back! Which naturally I didn't photograph.

I figure this apron is named "Sweet Scallops" because a pattern named "It Will Take 101 Pins To Attach The Bias Tape" probably wouldn't be as profitable.Okay, it wasn't all that bad, although I did count how many pins I used and it was indeed one hundred and one. (Yes, perhaps I'm a bit picky.)

I made the red bias tape myself. I would have loved to find a brighter red with pindots instead, but I'm happy with the result. I've made enough oval placemats over the years that I've evolved my own system for attaching bias tape on curves, so it went together smoothly.

Cooking in the kitchen will feel a whole lot more fun now!

3 comments:

  1. Always humming9/18/2009 8:31 PM

    I think I like the ME fabric one better. It reminds me of Mom and her sisters cooking in the kitchen with the brick with ivy wallpaper for the holidays. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second one! If I ever were to actually step into a kitchen to cook I would wear that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ME one best too. I think I'm too short, er, petite, for the turquoise one.

    ReplyDelete