Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Monday, March 08, 2010

And the Winner Is...

Bright Star.

Like the best Belgian chocolate, it's still evoking delicious flashes a month later.  The only category in which it was nominated was Costume Design (the luscious fabrics and dresses were a character in themselves) and it didn't win.

I thought the costumes were crazy wonderful, the set decoration was unbelievable and the screenplay was brilliant and the film was the most memorable I've seen in a very long time.

Bright Star gets my Best Picture award. 

What was your best film of the year?

2 comments:

  1. Always humming3/08/2010 5:30 PM

    I think Avatar took me away to another world very effectively and that is what I want from my movie experience - to escape and immerse myself in the story. Another fav was the recent PBS Emma (but that probably does not count). Since we don't watch too many movies, I am not even remotely close to the label critic. But I do want to feel like it was worth spending the money and worth my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone talked about the special effects, but you're the first one who's mentioned the storyline.

    ReplyDelete