Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Creamy White Delight

 
Mrs. Santa is very clever--she somehow knew I wanted new plates. She found some beaded stoneware plates and bowls and put them in my Christmas stocking. (I happen to know that Mrs. Santa got a great deal on them at Wally World around Thanksgiving.) Unfortunately Mrs. Santa couldn't find the matching salad plates. She should have been more diligent and tried another Walmart store rather than just the one closest to me her.

Still...eating oatmeal in one of my new bowls has been a treat every morning. And I think dinners look more delicious on the new plates.

I looked online to find salad plates but winced at the price. So I've been searching Home Goods and the thrift stores for salad plates with no success. Until yesterday...
A buck forty-nine--a bargain for two Villeroy and Boch porcelain and two stoneware. When I photographed them, they reminded me of a snowman. I'm fairly sure there's no connection between that and the dusting of snow we woke up to.

Pepper jack cheese melted on a slice of homemade wheat bread tasted excrutiatingly good at lunch served on a new-to-me plate.  I suspect lunches will be enjoyed just a bit more each day now. Mmmmmmm.

3 comments:

  1. I hope Mrs. Santa learned a lesson...lol The ones you found have more character I'm sure. Lunch sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top plate of the 3 looks like the set I scored from Goodwill. I love them! Yep, I agree, everything look so much nicer on a new-to-you plate. And I love white! Thanks for commenting on my blog today, too. Have a fun walk in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is beautiful! So glad your found the plates. I'm also on the lookout for assorted white plates. ♥

    ReplyDelete