Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Debuting My "Vintage" Cherry Mailbox

My little debutante:
 
Polka dots inside!


Let's not forget what Cinderella looked like at the start:
 
On second thought...
let's forget and just enjoy the new look!
And she's not just another pretty face, she'll be keeping my gardening gloves and tools close-at-hand.
 

Learn from my mistakes, no need to invent your own.
p.s. Now I know there must be lots of these little black mailboxes out there who desperately need a makeover--so I'll be posting a how-to shortly.  Be sure and check back/subscribe/follow if you're interested.

Linking up to Funky Junk Interiors SNS #32
Thank you, Donna!!!!
and to The DIY Showoff

9 comments:

  1. Oh what a fantastic idea. It even looks more vintage now.You paint so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So super cute! I love cherries and I really love polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! And thank you for visiting my blog tonight!

    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one adorable idea! Both decorating AND function, very cool! I'll look at 'those' mailboxes a little differently now. :)

    Thanks for linking up to SNS!
    FJ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out so beautifully! Definitely the cutest place for gardening gloves and tools to live!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable! I swear, you are going to need to start charging admission to your garden soon because it and all your special touches must be shared with the world!

    ReplyDelete