Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Saturday, March 20, 2010

First Day of Spring

Two words:  Spring. Cleaning.

My hair is dirty, my jeans are filthy, my fingers shouldn't even be touching the keyboard--but my garage is rearranged and wonderful.  My day isn't done yet.  The upstairs hall is currently filled with boxes and bags previously stored in the attic waiting to go into the basement.  The basement has maple chairs awaiting an exciting trip into the attic.

Not that we have either a proper attic nor a decent basement (they are just crawlspaces to access pipes and electrical and plumbing).  But storage is where you find/create it!  And Mr. Pogonip is visiting family in California this weekend, so I have  uninterrupted time to make messes and reorganize to my heart's content.

I think every single item I touched today was grimy.  I plan a long soak in the tub to erase the dirt and I'm definitely rewarding myself with some flowering plants from the nursery tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I love productive days like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my kind of weekend. Hope your not to sore today!

    ReplyDelete