Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Perfect Timing

Some days are better than others.  Some days are worse.

Tuesday was a bad mood day for no good reason that I could think of.  (You don't want to be around me when I'm like that.)  Fortunately, because crafting always helps my mood improve, I needed a birthday present for Wednesday afternoon.  The result:

I love The Graphics Fairy and finally had a reason to use some of her goodies (the endpaper background and the vintage birds' eggs print).  I used Picasa3 to turn the endpaper from the original soft green to sepia.  Then I had fun combing Dafont to find the perfect "J" initial and permitted myself to download the Jane Austen font.  I don't currently have a use for it, but I love it so much that I'll invent a need if necessary. The perfect wooden (unfinished) frame was just sitting in my stash and I just happened to have a whole entire gallon (don't ask) of black eggshell-finish paint on hand.  The end result was even better than I'd hoped.

Cost for materials:  $0.  Cost for a much-improved mood and a happy recipient:  priceless.  Works for me!


2 comments:

  1. You are simply amazing how you can take random things and make something so beautiful. I bet the recipient was thrilled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fabulous birthday gift! And I agree, sometimes you just have to craft to feel better.

    ReplyDelete