Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Guideposts--Week15

 
Give me health and a day, and I will make the pomp of emperors ridiculous.
 --Ralph Waldo Emerson


Just guessing, but I'll bet ol' Ralph Waldo had some bug when he wrote this and was frustrated at his body being unable to work on all the projects his mind was thinking about  (repaint the shutters, transplant some iris next to the fence, prune the tree...)  Just like I was filled with ideas for Spring Break and a week later have accomplished pretty much nothing, alas.

But then, I could be wrong, maybe he was just philosophisizing...either way, he was right about how much you can accomplish when you feel healthy.  Which I plan to be SOON.





Linking up with Notes From A Cottage Industry!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment. Here's to both of us getting lots of energy soon!

    ReplyDelete