Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Guideposts - Week23

All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind.

~Abraham Lincoln
Blocking my weedy thoughts and admitting only the lovely ideas brightens up my life and maybe even makes the world a bit nicer for someone else.  It's not necessarily easy; the thistles sprout and grow when I'm not paying attention, but my mind (like my garden) is so much nicer without those unwanted plants growing.

Happy Sunday,


Visit A Cottage Industry for more memorable quotations!

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful flower and quote....thistles are just invasive flowers we've just decided to consider weeds. They have a lovely purple flower and look great in open meadow or prairie. Dandelions are beautiful in mass also. I wonder why it is we've decided to consider these flowers weeds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that. For me, it is one of the biggest things I do to stay happy. I try constantly to think beautiful things. I've had a hard week and this is a perfect reminder of what works!

    ReplyDelete