Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hopalong Jack and the Blue Bunnies

Bunnies are a bit of an obsession with me--wooden bunnies, ceramic bunnies, lop-eared bunnies, rex-coated bunnies, stray bunnies--I love'em.   Peter Rabbit, the Velveteen Rabbit, and Brer Rabbit have an honored place on my bookshelf and in my heart. So I knew right off that I'd enjoy the wonderful blog called Hopalong Hollow Gazette. The Hollow's creator feels like one of those kindred spirits that the Fates sometimes grant us--she loves her critters, her garden and art.


Jeri, however, takes art to a level to which I can only aspire AND she's also a published author and illustrator. If you love books, especially richly illustrated and clever storybooks, hop on over to the Hollow  right now and enter to win a copy of Hopalong Jack and the Blue Bunnnies. But hurry because Fionna Goosefeather the Second will be picking the winning name out of her bonnet on the 19th and it's almost here!

Even if you don't win her book, you won't be a loser because Hopalong Hollow and its inhabitants --two-legged and four-legged, real and imaginary--are all delightful, so make sure you take some time to ramble and stroll about while you're there.

Tell Jeri I sent you,

2 comments:

  1. Okay, no fair... my chances of winning are dwindling:) I found her blog on your sidebar awhile back. She does such beautiful and whimsical work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your new autumn blog banner. You guys really do own "the fall". You do it so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete