Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Sunday, October 31, 2010

My Guideposts - Week41

"It's not brain surgery."

~Clerk at a quilt store in Truckee, Calif.

Quite possibly the best advice I've ever been given!

The back story:  A group of us were inspired by a pattern at one of the quilt stores in Truckee and were asking endless questions about the finer points of how-to when the lady who was waiting on us uttered those fateful words.  We looked at each other and commenced laughing (the pattern was for a shopping bag which makes it even more apt).  

As a group we've used this phrase many times since when we've gotten caught up in minutiae.  I find myself muttering it when trying to choose between "good" and "equally good" or when I'm frustrated because a project isn't going perfectly.  

There are times for brain surgery and then there are times for "git'er done."  While lovely to aspire to, perfection belongs to the Lady Goddess, not us mere mortals, anyway.

Perfectly yours,

2 comments:

  1. Reality check! Thanks for the reminder... it is sooo easy to get hung up and forget what it was I was doing in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true. I have the problem of overanalysing A LOT. So this rings true with me.

    ReplyDelete