Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Guideposts - Week58


If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. 

~Marcus Tullius Cicero

After another ridiculously, inexcusably long blog vacation, I'm back. Perhaps I shouldn't have taken my last guidepost quote--"gardens are not made by...sitting in the shade"--quite so seriously and spent so much of the last few weeks in our garden?  Springtime is that season when certain garden chores just have to be done or there are dire consequences down the road.  So worth it--the yard looks lovely with trimmed edges and pruned fruit trees and my mind is wonderfully uncluttered with "I have to's".

Plus, spring is as irresistible to this gardener as loose soil is to the Kharma dog.  We just gotta. Right now.  My fingernails have regained their normal black crescent tips, my skin is rough and my hair is dusty but the garden looks terrific decked in hyacinths, tulips and primroses.

My Kindle went to California for the weekend with The Big Guy (he loaded reading for classes on it).  I miss it mucho--thank heavens for a well-stocked pre-Kindle library.

Springtime = Garden = Love,

1 comment:

  1. There you are! I thought perhaps your garden had gotten the best of you this year. :)

    Don't feel bad. I haven't been around much either...it's that time of year when there is too much to do!

    ReplyDelete