Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Friday, August 08, 2014

Playing With Wood: The White Picket (Chicken) Fence and Gate

My chickens' have a new gate!


It not only looks much better than the predecessor which we hurriedly knocked together before a summer vacation four years ago...


But the gate is now fully functional.  As in, it opens and shuts easily without binding--something the previous gate didn't do.  Simple pleasures!

I transformed those dog-eared cedar fenceboards into white pickets using my jigsaw and leftover trim paint.  I found the classic gothic-style pickets via Pinterest.  I couldn't resist the scalloped tops so I incorporated that too. 

I spray-painted the gate handle turquoise--the jury's still out on that one.  It's not quite right.  It needs something else and I'm still waiting for inspiration to strike.

It's only five feet corraling the hens in our side yard, but our cottage now boasts a white picket fence.  I'm lovin' it!

Be (INSPIRE)d, 
 

1 comment:

  1. You made those pickets! Amazing! That gate looks just perfect.

    ReplyDelete