Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Saturday, November 01, 2014

Winding Up Halloween


We have three adorable little boys under the age of four living across the street and three ex-kindergarten students and two current ones living in our neighborhood, so I went family-friendly this year.

It's hard to get friendlier than Woody!
 The kids loved him. And they thought getting to pick their own candy from my bowl was awesome.



The woodland owl was my spookiest jack o'lantern.



One dad told us that the Golden Retriever jack o'lantern was the clear Best Pumpkin winner. I've gotta agree especially knowing how much time it took my son to carve it.  Plus this one doesn't shed hair all over black pants like our real-life version does.



I enjoy my witchy Dollar Store blackbirds, but this little fluffy owlet was in impulse buy that I'm glad I indulged.  She's so cute!


Now it's time to Thanksgiving-ify the front door by adding pheasant feathers to the autumn wreath.



And put the prowling arachnids away for another year.



Farewell, monsters, large and small, until next October...

 
Welcome, pilgrims and scarecrows, squirrels and acorns, velvet pumpkins and fall leaves of every hue! 
 Be (INSPIRE)d,
 

1 comment:

  1. I just love this time of year. the decor, the colours, all make me happy. Just a kid at heart I guess. Those pumpkins are amazing....I forgot to carve mine so I guess there is a pie in my future.

    ReplyDelete