Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Prunus


My new favorite color combination: pink and blue



Come late September (with a little help from the bees, a minimum of snow on the blossoms and a ruthless culling process), we'll be harvesting peaches.

Peaches bigger than a baseball. Peaches so ripe that the skin just about falls off. Gourmet peaches. Incredible peaches that are completely organic. Peaches warm off the tree. Peaches I share with my neighbors and co-workers because we can't possibly eat all of them ourselves. Early Elbertas that have the best peach flavor in the fruit universe.

Whoops! I think my taste buds briefly hijacked my post. Because what I really want to say is...

Even if we didn't get one single peach, the blossoms against that blue blue sky would be beauty enough for me!

3 comments:

  1. Nice blooms! Mum says she used to have peach trees in her yard growing up. Hmmmm...wonder if I can eat peaches - they sound good! Woofs, Johann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any favorite recipes for peach cobbler? The photo is lovely, at first I thought it was a dogwood tree. You can see how environmentally challenged I am. Peaches, juicy peaches - a blessing in your backyard. Be sure to invite me for dessert.

    ReplyDelete