Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Thursday, April 03, 2008

To Our Non-Pet Owning Friends


Dear Visitor,

Thank you for your friendship. You don't have a pet and we appreciate the fact that you can overlook the fact that we do and still consider us friends. However your well-meaning complaints/comments/suggestions regarding our dog must end. In the interest of our continued friendship, I feel we should tell you why we feel this way.

  1. The dog lives here. You don't.
  2. If you don't want dog hair on your clothes, then stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it furniture.)
  3. I like my dog more than I like youmost people.
  4. To you, she's a dog. To me, she's an adopted daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

We hope you understand. In our house, dogs rule.

Fondly,

Your host and hostess

2 comments:

  1. And pet the creatures once in a while. They don't spread disease and that's all they want, a little love.

    I can't STAND listening to people go on and on about "how do you live with the hair" or "doesn't the barking/whining annoy you?". Yeah. Just like people annoy me leaving their dirty shoes on to walk through my house, or don't bother to wash their hands, or ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Dogs rule!!!! Hope you have a pawsome weekend. Woofs, Johann

    ReplyDelete