Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Leftover Who Hash

That's exactly what I feel like after a long session of finalizing packages to mail. (Yes, the original Grinch cartoon is my absolute favorite seasonal DVD, far outweighing "White Christmas" not to mention "Elf" or "The Santa Clause." And yes, my kids think I am insane.)

It's my least favorite part of Christmas--having family far enough away that there is no chance of seeing them for the holidays, therefore presents must be trusted to the tender mercies of the Postal Service. And of course, that means finding boxes that are the right size to hold the presents. Sigh. It makes me tired just thinking of it.

But I was motivated to get it done. I stayed up till 4 a.m. finishing the last craft, wrapping the last presents, baking the last goodie and finding boxes just the right size. I managed to feed myself and the pup, throw on a Christmasy outfit, put out the address book for my sweetie and still make it to work on time. Unfortunately, the someone who was going to stand in line at the post office was incapable of seeing the boxes right outside his home office door with the address book conspicuously parked next to them. So they are still sitting in our house.

I admit that there were extra boxes floating downstairs, but still...

This Can of Who Hash, slightly dried out and feeling quite stale, will now retire for a Long Winter's Nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment