Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Current Events

Walked the scenic route to work--through the pasture, past the barb wire, through the park.

Optimistically wore my light jacket this morning which wasn't quite enough to block the wind, so grabbed my reliable Lands End Therma Chek Fleece at lunch and was very happy to have it on the hike back to work.

Zelda (the Golden Retriever pup) somehow got a bacterial infection and her antibiotics are enclosed in giant capsules. We've been mashing cheese around them, but realized she bolts her food so fast that we could probably just give her an unadorned pill and she'd look at us for more.

I think I figured out how to teach Kharma to bow (finally)!

The rainshadow is in full effect. The Sierra snowpack has added moisture, but all we see here are clouds boiling along the crest and never reaching us.

Feels like Spring--brisk winds, mild temperatures and flowers popping up here and there.

Since my sweetie is helping out his parents this week, I've had lots of computer time. I'm whittling down my pile of magazine clippings (gardening tips, recipes, travel ideas, craft patterns) on the scanner.

Every day a new Abba song from Mamma Mia! runs through my head. Today's is Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight).

I'm loving Playlist.com--I've had my Abba playlist cheering me on while I've been surfing the web (did you know Home Companion and Cottage Living were ceasing publication?!), keeping the scanner busy, keeping an ear out for the pups and talking on the phone. Talk about multi-tasking!

No comments:

Post a Comment