Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Friday, December 15, 2006

The Attic Playroom



This was the last room that got finished. Fully exposed without the roof, it didn't even look like a room. It was huge and white and I had no idea what it was going to be.

Then my two little neighbors came over and with their help it became a playroom. They suggested so many of the features that eventually found their way into this attic that they deserve the lion's share of the credit.

This is the only room that was painted because it was the only accessible one with the roof off and plenty of room to wield a brush. I think this is my favorite room. I like the others, but this one has personality plus.

It has little ducks swimming in the pond, a very happy sun shining down, little puffy clouds, myriad flowers, even a white picket fence. It's not for those who don't love color--the grassy green floor alone could be overload for those who crave beige.

So...seven rooms in all that were incredibly fun to put together. I hope the Princess has as much fun playing with it as I did creating the backdrop for her.

Now it's time to move on to other projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment