Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Wee Hours

Maybe I shouldn't have had that cup of hot chocolate last night. Or maybe it was the perfect snack.

Yesterday, I found several nicely patterned papers at Treasured Memories Too for the remaining rooms in the dollhouse. I began fitting them on the walls, cutting out doorways and windows, and one thing just led to another. I had plenty of energy and felt inspired by the new paper and motivated to get the whole thing finished with Christmas breathing down my neck. I turned out the light about 2 a.m. and still enthusiastically bounded out of bed at 8, ready to put the final touches on it. So I did a little gluing and painting today amidst Christmas decorating and dogwalking and now my mind will have to find another creative avenue (not hard at this time for year) because...

It's done, finished, completed!

Two bedrooms, a bathroom, family room, kitchen and formal dining room as well as a bonus room in the attic that became the playroom. It's been a labor of love, a delight, and I feel like I've really accomplished something. I'm jazzed about the way it looks! Each room is completely different. Each one has its own personality and style. The whole project just seemed to evolve naturally. I didn't overthink it (for once) and just took advantage of the colors and patterns I ran across. I wish all my projects were this smooth.

What have I learned from this experience? That I really love my friends. That enthusiasm is even better than a deadline to get me going. That I should go-with-the-flow more often. That jumping before I look and volunteering before I think is sometimes a good thing because it comes from the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment