Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Challenges


Challenge 1:The mutt is still as cute as ever and is in danger of becoming the most photographed dog since Lassie. However, since I call her Good Dog and my sweetie calls her No, she still needs a real name. The list is long and we are high-grading to find the best possibilities.

Challenge 2: It's like being a new parent again. I finally got a shower and my hair washed yesterday (only because Daddy was puppy-sitting). And there's no sleep yet. We've tried the gentle reassurances and the stern warnings. Tonight may be earplugs, closed doors and total ignoring of whining. And we sleep like new parents--one ear open for noises from the nursery. And when she sleeps longer than we expect, we wonder if she is still breathing.

Challenge 3: Back to the real world of non-vacation workdays tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if she and I both survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment