Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Farmhouse Kitchen


List in hand... samples present and accounted for...measurements firmly in mind...brain on board...

The girly-girl pup and I returned to the craft store. This time I checked that I everything I bought and paid for made it into our Forester before I left the parking lot. I enjoy the craft store, but I didn't want to make another trip anytime this week. Also, did you know that Michael's holds packages you've paid for and accidentally left behind for only twenty-four hours? Either they have an awful lot of absent-minded customers whose packages would take up too much space, or they have found a great way of increasing the bottom line. Hey, I'm just saying...

Moving on, I'm learning the intricacies of Modge Podge when applied to dollhouse walls and scrapbook paper then adhered. There are lots of bubbles that arise when the paper gets damp. The paper somehow mysteriously stretches without being touched. I'm trying less Podge, longer drying time on Podge, Podge more evenly applied. I'm not trying to be a perfectionist; I just want the walls and floors to be fairly kidproof when Santa brings to the dollhouse to Southern California. Just trust me, wallpaper is a whole lot easier and some rooms may be covered in fabric (my original inclination until detoured by some very cute paper.

I have to say I like the way the rooms are going together. This photo (needless to say, but for some reason I'm saying it anyway) is the kitchen--who would have ever guessed that it would turn out yellow? Like it's my favorite color or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment