Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Keep me in stitches

OK, there are only three stitches,but the second surgery is over with! Can I have my life back now??

Hoping for
  • feeling in both hands
  • closing a button without looking in the mirror
  • putting shoes on without a shoehorn

I'm in my no whining zone. There are lots of people worse off--more pain, longer recoveries, uncertain outcomes. Yeah, I already am chomping to go and do, but I will survive little annoyances like pull on pants and a dressing that is unravelling (on day one) and a wardrobe that consists of the three things that fit over the dressing.

I'm practicing patience and counting the minutes till the day before TurkeyDay when the dressing comes off and the stitches are removed and I can keyboard with two hands. Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment