Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cheating

I feel like that's what I'm doing.

There are so many things to write about. Endless topics, some serious, some fanciful, some outrageous, some offensive.

That is...if my brain were working, if someone else would cook dinner, if I didn't spend so much time reading other people's blogs and if I didn't type pogonip incorrectly at least once when I comment.

Alas, life just isn't like that. Especially the part about possessing a working brain.

So I cheat.

I'm guilty of posting about the weather. I know, it's lame and uninteresting. I can't help myself though. Maybe it's something about being a gardener. Yeah, that's it! Weather is important to us gardeners.

My favorite cheat has to be photos. Preferably one that speaks for itself. Hey, just label that Easy Button #1.

Today's cheat is the latest from kindergarten. Fortunately, kindergartners never go on strike, will work for graham crackers, tied shoelaces and hugs. Eat your heart out, Jay Leno and SNL! My writers are better than your writers. (Na, na, na, na, na.) You just can't go wrong with the cute and/or inscrutable wisdom of a six year old.

We interrrupt this blog for an official Empty Brain Moment. In the process of writing, your hostess has overused her somewhat limited brain capacity and forgotten what exactly the kindergarner said this morning. It was funny, and involved the word GREEN. If you have information regarding this tidbit, please contact Ms. Pogonip immediately. We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog.

Whoops, my bad. Maybe it'll come to me. Maybe it won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment