Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Kinder Speak (or why I have the best job in the world)

Me: Good work, Raymond! Now read me your list of words that begin with an "L".

Raymond: Pointing to each picture as he names them off:
  • yamp
  • yadder

(he's starting to get my attention...)

  • yady bug
  • yight bulb
  • yam

(okay, now I'm just plain grinning ear-to-ear. ROTFL would be my preference, but squashing this adorable budding scholar's enthusiasm would not be nice or professional...)

Henceforth I shall think of lambs not as wooly white critters, but as fluffy Tuscan-gold animals cavorting on luscious hillsides. Kindergartners enrich my life so much.

1 comment:

  1. You love your job? I'm soooo jealous. And, I totally want to be a teacher but the state of Nevada wants me to jump through 4829437281 hoops before they're consider allowing me to teach anyone anything.

    ReplyDelete