Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Friday, March 28, 2008

Plans

I have them.

They involve money. Large amounts of money. Okay, maybe not LARGE amounts, but still fairly profligate.

Yep, it's garden attack time. Spring fever has hit and it doesn't matter what the thermometer says or what the weather dishes out, I'm gonna be in my garden. And I'm gonna want new plants. (My name is pogonip and I'm a garden-aholic.)

This will be better than living in my kitchen. Because the frustrations of remodeling, decisions that didn't get made, trees that didn't get offed got to me today and I managed to put away an awesome amount of Reese's easter eggs, the end of the turkey jerky, several smokehouse almonds, and pure brown sugar. Then I dragged myself outside, grabbed a hammer and a pry bar and set out to achieve some soul-satisfying de-construction. It felt good. Much better than the Reese's even.

I now have a trash can filled with honeysuckle and old nails. I now have one less place for the mice to overwinter. I now have to figure out where I will put my garbage cans because their enclosure is history.

Tomorrow I shop. Seeds (50% off at Longs). Plants at Lowe's. Roses at Moana. Gift certificate to The Garden Shop.

I need compost. I need lavendar plants. I need pansies or violas.

I'm living in the future with a wealth of plans involving plants, sand, a zillion new bricks, a new patio area, benches and my usual garden version of musical chairs. And an irrigation system overhaul post-puppy. A new pond.

I'm living in the present as fast as I can because if the pruning doesn't happen this weekend I'm gonna be in big trouble with my fruit trees.

But I think I can slip in some shopping. I'm sure I can. And photos, lots of before-and-after photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment