Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

J.K.

It must be April Fool's Day. I had kids telling me there were spiders in my hair, they were going to Disneyland tomorrow, my shoe was untied, they were getting a new kitten, etc., all day long.

I didn't fall for Disneyland or the spiders, but they got me on all the rest. I am apparently so gullible even a kindergartner can fool me.

I didn't fool anyone. I didn't even try. I usually tease the kids continually so I figured they could use the day off. Hmmmm, come to think of it, maybe my straight-faced daily absurdities might be rubbing off on them. Maybe I'm not as easily fooled as I thought. Maybe, just maybe, I've been teaching them all to become expert leg-pullers!

Then again, maybe not. Because they were also joking with each other about having shampoo in their armpits. And that got the best laughs of all.

Maybe it's something only a six-year-old can appreciate.

2 comments:

  1. My Kindergartener went into school covering her eye with her and and told her teacher she was punched and had a black eye. When the teacher asked to get a look, she pulled her hand back to reveal a capital letter i cut out of construction paper. It was a big hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was glad I stayed in bed for most of April 1st. I hate being tricked. I guess because I am so guillable. :)

    ReplyDelete