Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Friday, April 10, 2009

Vanishing Turtles

Behold, this week's turtlenecks, all ironed and ready to put away. I'm tired of wearing them. They're b-o-r-i-n-g.

It's Spring and I want to swap my uninspiring turtles for something perkier. Shirts--no, blouses--that are light, short-sleeved, collarless, and different. I long for floral prints. I yearn for buttons. I deserve some body-hugging, slimming darts, darn it! I want to unearth my collection of t-shirts from New Mexico, my soccer tees, my unparalleled collection of Roxy tees (thank you, Costco).

If I pack up the turtlenecks and stock my drawer with cute, feminine shirts during Spring Break, am I tempting Mother Nature to turn nasty and extend winter? I'm desperate for change!

1 comment:

  1. I think by putting them away you will speed along Springs arrival. :)

    ReplyDelete