Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Saturday, January 08, 2011

A Sigh of Relief

If only my outdoor lights would unhook themselves, discard burned-out bulbs and coil themselves nicely away.

If only our annual Tannebaum could magically direct ornaments into their proper boxes, remove light strings, seek out dropped ornament hangers, vacuum up tinsel remnants and stray needles. Oh, and move sofas back to the accustomed positions!

If only someone could invent a gadget to alert me to those inevitable bits of holiday decorating that elude our first sweep, my second search and the hopeful last scan of all nooks and corners that might be harboring a holiday fugitive.

Despite the absence of self-coiling lights, helpful trees and handy gadgets, I can officially report that Not One Single Bit of Christmas is left inside or outside the cottage. Yep, it's all put away in the appropriate box, bin and cupboard.  I'm just grateful happy thrilled ecstatic relieved that it's all put away!

I now have time to tweak the turquoise snowladies, silver and crystal sparkles and white lights that have gradually been making their appearance.  And take photos of  the new mantle decor.  And tackle those siren-like craft projects that have been beckoning--some of which might even be worth sharing!

Buoyantly,

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I just took all the boxes out last night, but first I scoured the place in search of the inevitable hideaway. Now all that is left is the outside lights (no they are not on, and we don't have any neighbors so I don't have to be too embarrassed:).

    ReplyDelete