Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Friday, February 25, 2011

Throwing Caution To The Winds

I finally brought myself into the new millenium and signed up for Facebook. Reluctantly and with reservations, but I did it.

Big scaredy cat risk taker, I know! 

 Now I have to figure out how to actually use Facebook.  I'd rather be buying more velvet and working on new curtains (two separate projects) than struggling with a new technology that doesn't look particularly user-friendly at first go.  Actually I'd vacuum, dust and mop the floors by hand than begin the navigation process.  Go ahead, tell me that it's easy and I'll love it.  I could use the reassurance.

Thinking positively,

4 comments:

  1. You got on facebook, I got OFF facebook. I reallly hated it. I never did figure out how to get rid of all the unwanted content that came flooding in, and it drove me berserk. Hope you enjoy it more than I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on and off with Facebook only because the comments are just quick blasts of stream of thought that can be interpreted negatively quite easily. And then there's the whole unfriending thing...that just seems so mean. But if I want to keep up with family...I guess it has its good points. Good luck...and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love facebook. It is a major part of my adult interaction as a stay-at-home mom. Here's a tip, if someone's posts are bugging you, slide your cursor to the right of their name a few inches and an x should appear. If you click it, you can hide posts from that person.

    I think it is great for keeping up with extended family members that you like. (I just had to remove a few of mine ;)

    Have fun with it and don't stress too much. There are always mean people, but a goal that I have set is to not let the negativity stop me from connecting with the kind hearted souls out there!

    Oh, and any other technical questions are easily answered with a google search.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ridiculously happy you are on Facebook! Even though you haven't posted anything (probably still figuring it out, right?) now I can clue you in on things. I do most of my informative stuff on there regarding friends and updates and such. It's a great way to stay in touch and let a lot of people know about things they need to know about. :)

    ReplyDelete