Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Friday, May 22, 2020

Party Time in the Garden

Yeah, it's that time of year when the peony buds become huge explosions of color and scent overnight. Festiva Maxima is a glorious white with unpredictable red color breaks. This year the breaks are minimal. No complaints!

This peony holds a special place in my heart.  She came from a wonderful neighbor who loved gardening as much as I do. It sprouted out in her front yard, much to everyone's surprise, after she removed the overgrown junipers. It's officially Festiva Maxima, but I always think of it as Joan Winkel. I wish she still lived two houses up so we could share our enthusiasm. 

And it's my most rambunctious and reliable peony.  I think it knows how much I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment